Sunday, February 24, 2013

Healthy Cookies!

It's really really hard being someone like me trying to cut out the crap and eat and live a healthier lifestyle, because I love sugar. I am such a junkie, I have to be honest and get that out there. "Life's short! Eat dessert first!", is my mantra.

That being said, I've been trying really hard to be good and with the exception of a few Girl Scout cookies here and there (don't judge! I'm supporting the Girl Scouts! :) ), I have been.

I keep trying new recipes that will fit not only my lifestyle, but my friends with dietary issues as well, cuz I like to share when I find something good and good for you. These cookies are vegan, gluten free and could be eaten raw if so you choose. Plus I believe that they are only 1WW point! I don't do WW, so don't quote me on that just in case...

"Skinny" Monkey Bites!
2 ripe bananas
1/2 c unsweetened apple sauce
1/4 c chia gel
1/2 c cocoa powder
2 c rolled oats (most oats are GF, just double check yours if you have issues)
1/4 c oat flour (I make mine in the blender)
1/4 c peanut butter
1 tsp kosher salt
1 packet stevia or other sweetener like honey, agave...
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 c mini dark chocolate chips

Mash the bananas in a bowl. Add vanilla, chia gel, peanut butter, stevia and salt. Mix well. Add oats and cocoa powder. Mix well and add chips. Let sit 10-20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350* and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop tablespoon sized balls, and bake 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment