Friday, January 24, 2014

Prayers for Kylie

We live in a small town. I'm talking like 15,000 people. That may be large for a "small town" but we're just outside of San Diego which has a population of almost 1.5 million, so not so big in comparison.



I love the small town vibe for several reasons; community, safety, low crime, everyone "knows" everyone... we take care of each other. It's nice in this day and age. So when I saw people walking the streets a few weeks ago, wearing pink, carrying pink ribbons and tying them to every possible tree branch, street sign, light post and fence, I knew something was up.


When I got to work, I saw even more pink ribbons... huge ones tied around large pillars, balloons, signs and posters. Walking into work, I figured out what was going on, word travels fast in a small town.

Turns out, one of our youngest residents, 19 month old Kylie, was diagnosed with stage 4 high risk neuroblastoma, a rare form of cancer, found mostly in children. As a human, it breaks my heart, but as a mother it tears it to shreds.


I feel proud as a member of Alpine, California, to see our community pull together and support Kylie and her family. It's a hard disease to deal with. I just got through my own journey with cancer in a loved one, and continue to watch it make the people around me that I love, sick.


Please go to their Facebook page and support Kylie and her fight with this ugly disease. I would love to see pictures from all over the world, tying bright pink ribbons in trees and on posts in support of such a strong little girl.


Pass this post along, and if you can, give to help support the family while they fight right along side their precious baby girl. Even if you can't afford to give, maybe you know someone who can, please pass this along.


We're right here with you Kylie! You're a strong little fighter and Alpine is proud to have you!

Much love,
The Blevins Family

No comments:

Post a Comment